Assistant Municipal Clerk: Job Description
Apply online here
The Assistant Municipal Clerk’s primary role includes the responsibility of facilitating meetings and hearings, publishing agendas and taking accurate meeting minutes.
The position is part-time and entails significant independence.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
Meeting Support and Administration:
- Schedule meetings/events and send notices to attendees
- Post all meetings/events on website calendar and social media
- Prepare meeting agenda, materials and venue for meetings
- Post agendas at physical locations as well as online within legal time limits.
- Coordinate and send out all meeting packets for review ahead of meetings.
- Attendance at all Town Council, Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals meetings and hearings.
- Record and prepare meeting minutes, circulate for review.
- Post meeting minutes online and maintain records.
- Attesting to official actions.
- Serve as Secretary for Board of Zoning Appeals meetings as needed.
- Administrative support to town officials.
- Submit public hearing notices to newspapers within legal time limits.
- Coordinate committee reports for monthly council meetings.
- Coordinate agendas and meeting minutes for committees.
- Post all committee agendas and meeting minutes as required.
- Update Town website and social media as needed.
- Maintain Town records
- Review and respond to residents’ inquiries.
- Maintain Town website
- Post meeting agendas, packets, notices.
- Update news.
- Maintain a calendar of events.
- Take reservations and payments for Community Center rentals and maintain its calendar of events.
Proficient user of Microsoft Office
Proficient user of Google Workspace
Experience taking meeting minutes
Effective written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge of general computer systems and office procedures
Excellent oral and written communication including email
Ability to deal courteously and diplomatically with the public
Meetings requiring on site support include:
Town Council Workshop last Monday of each month
Town Council Public Meeting first Monday of each month
Planning Commission Workshop first Wednesday of each month
Planning Commission Public Meeting third Wednesday of each month
Board of Zoning Appeals meet only as needed
Meetings requiring off site support for posting agendas and meeting minutes:
Parks and Recreation Committee
This is a part-time, work from home position estimated at 15-20 HRS Per Week
Pay range between $14-$20/hour